What We Do and How We Do It (from an Indigenous based view)
- Develop training and technical assistance tools and other resources with villages based on our curriculum and
village‐specific needs assessments.
- Empower tribes and strengthen local responses to domestic violence.
- Increase access to resources including access to tribal protection orders.
- Create public awareness materials such as webinars, social media, toolkits, and fact sheets to bring attention to
domestic and gender‐based violence including sexual assault, sex trafficking, and missing and murdered Indigenous
- Identify and remove system barriers for the purpose of improving access within villages to victim services.
- Organize an annual Unity Meeting Pre‐AFN.
- Provide information and legislative and policy updates at the NCAI VAW Task Force and the Alaska Tribal Caucus.
How to Engage with AKNWRC
- Invite us to your village and regional meetings. Join us at our annual Unity Meeting, use our materials, and
participate in our trainings and webinars.