What We Do and How We Do It (from an Indigenous based view)
- Develop training and technical assistance tools and other resources with villages based on our curriculum and
village-specific needs assessments.
- Empower tribes and strengthen local responses to domestic violence.
- Increase access to resources including access to tribal protection orders.
- Create public awareness materials such as webinars, social media, toolkits, and fact sheets to bring attention to
domestic and gender-based violence including sexual assault, sex trafficking, and missing and murdered Indigenous
- Identify and remove system barriers for the purpose of improving access within villages to victim services.
- Organize an annual Unity Meeting Pre-AFN.
- Provide information and legislative and policy updates at the NCAI VAW Task Force and the Alaska Tribal Caucus.
How to Engage with AKNWRC
- Invite us to your village and regional meetings. Join us at our annual Unity Meeting, use our materials, and
participate in our trainings and webinars.